Click column header to sort
Mechoshade corporate in LIC, NY is looking for a Lead Coordinator and Product Configuration Modeler.
This role is responsible for maintaining Mecho’s highly configurable dimensional models in the ERP system.
The position is in the IT Department and will be reporting to Software Support Manager.
This individual will be working closely with Engineering, Front-End and Manufacturing to implement new models and changes to existing ones.
- Work with multiple business units to gather product and business rules and translate into configuration logic.
- Document changes to model configuration through Fabrication Manuals.
- Develop configuration models using configuration logic for new product introductions and existing products. Maintain PIM, Product Information Management system with product attributes, option lists, groups and filters. Maintain product engineering rules in Frontier ERP.
- Provide on-going maintenance to configuration models as product and/or business rules change over time.
- Troubleshoot sales orders with product configuration errors.
- Provide possible fixes to errors based on root cause analysis.
- Guide and support Front-End in using the product configuration user interface.
MECHO is seeking a Junior Full Stack Developer with 2 years or more experience in developing, maintaining and supporting RESTful web based applications. This is a software development position focused on front end user interface (GUI) and backend database and message handling.
The Junior Full Stack Developer will:
- Manage software application code using version control and problem tracking software expediently and accurately.
- Develop and test clean, portable, well-documented code to produce a high-reliability application.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Work effectively within a team of software developers, UX developers, and design engineers.
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, and simplification.
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Follow emerging technologies
This is a hands-on position requiring cross functional skills including supervising a staff of 8-10 people to prepare shipments and schedule carriers for 100-150 shipments a day; rating the shipments to calculate freight expense on a Prepaid-and-Bill or Collect basis; posting information into a computerized invoicing system. The company’s five year, double digit growth trend calls for a talented professional with particular emphasis on building team strengths in a culture of manufacturing excellence. Position Summary: Supervises and coordinates activities of 8-10 workers engaged in preparing boxed, palletized, shipments; verifying and keeping records on outgoing shipments, and preparing notices, bills of lading, invoice information, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Shipping/Receiving
- Oversees outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments. Determines space requirements and position of shipment in trucks
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications
- Supervision of all Warehouse functions; receiving, shipping, Production Hardware, Cycle Counting
- Interface with carrier representatives to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials
- Confer and correspond with customer service to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications
- Prepare 100-150 shipments per day – rate the shipments via web based tariff system
- Directs movement of shipments from storage and work areas to shipping platform. Compiles records of unfilled orders. Posts weight and shipping charges
- Determine best shipping method – small package; LTL; resulting in the most cost efficient method for our customers
- Direct recording of shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes
- Follow and insure all OSHA Regulations are followed
MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the design challenges of sustainability and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes).
Responsible for accurately interpreting and entering orders for all accounts for all product lines to ensure customers receive the best quality and service.
- Accurate and timely entry of customer orders into the order management system for manufacturing and distribution.
- Various general office duties, including, but not limited to, distributing orders, maintaining logs, project work, etc.
MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions, and consultancy for the design challenges of unique building design, daylighting, controlled WindowManagement®, and sustainability to the Architectural, Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems is in LIC NY, employs over 500 people worldwide, with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Mexico and the U.K. (Edison, N.J., Reynosa MX, and Milton Keynes UK).
Looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual ready to make an immediate impact in a new and expanding Electrical Engineering Department. Must be capable of wearing multiple hats while catering to a fast paced and dynamic work environment. This individual must be team-oriented while being capable of working independently on a project basis. Must have good technical skills as well as excellent communications and customer interface skills.
Duties will include reporting to the Director of Engineering on projects that involve product research and development, product test, manufacturing support, phone and field-based customer/installation support. Travel is not significant, but timely based on domestic US field support requirements. Will have to be capable of managing outside vendors for example to accomplish prototype development and/or assembly.
MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the Energy Conservation and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes, U.K.).
The Estimator III is responsible for processing proposals, recording retention, addressing customer concerns and questions, and working to meet or beat formalized goals and objectives.
* Processing and delivering professionally written proposals and documentation packages.
* Working with senior Estimators to establish a winning proposal strategy for high level or high value projects.
* Identifying opportunities to improve profitability and processes.
MechoSystems is the world’s leading industrial designer, manufacturer, and marketer of solar-shading systems for buildings. We are innovators providing window management solutions to the A & D, Engineering, Lighting Design, Construction and Real Estate Development communities’ worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for a Regional Director of Sales to work within our Southeast territory whom shall report to the VP of Sales.
We are looking for an experienced Regional Director to be responsible for the creation and execution for the regional business strategy and plan that is consistent with the overall Mecho strategy and plan. The candidate shall also have experience and be able to cultivate strategic relationships within the architectural, design Consulting and Commercial Real Estate communities whom through consultative sales shall support these practices and further develop and drive specifications for MechoSystems unique product offerings.
Essential Function & Responsibilities
* Grow with a developing team of business development managers to meet the objectives of our strategic market plan.
* Manage yourself to grow with a team of colleagues in meeting the corporate objectives of MechoSystems’ strategic plan.
* Drive sales to meet the plan objectives for the territory, and corporate growth.
* Work with MEP engineers, architects, energy and lighting designers, developing and driving specifications on building projects.
* Develop sales by managing key dealer accounts.
* Generate new accounts and drive incremental sales at existing accounts and projects.
Responsible for creating, supporting, and developing new and existing process designs related to manufacturing and fabrication processes. This is successfully accomplished by understanding, accurately specifying, and adhering to customer requirements, utilizing and applying quality tools and methods and pursuing continuous improvement in all aspects of product and process design. These efforts will have a direct impact on reducing labor and material costs, while improving value, reliability, and performance. The associate will plan and manage process and product related design and validation activities.
* Methods Improvement - Conduct work measurement studies to determine machine utilization, downtime, runtime, etc. using Industrial Engineering techniques such as stopwatch studies, work sampling, ratio-delay, predetermined times, and video tape-recording, in conducting studies for work measurement.
* Production Layout - Develop layouts utilizing the lean manufacturing principles.
* Product and Process Specifications - Develop and maintain process specifications to produce the highest level of quality throughout the entire component manufacturing / fabrication / assembly process.
* Problem Solving and Quality Improvement - Maintain an effective audit program for feedback to production managers, engineering, and quality assurance. Communicate how well process specifications are being followed, the capability of controlling process variables, and the maintenance condition of the equipment.
* New Product Introduction - Work with product development engineers to determine the optimum process routing and conditions for new products.
* Administration and Other - Document in writing all projects, studies, and work assignments and outcomes to provide accurate and complete information for future reference.