Mecho is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions, and consultancy for the design challenges of unique building design, daylighting, controlled WindowManagement®, and sustainability to the Architectural, Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of Mecho is in LIC NY, employs over 500 people worldwide, with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Mexico and the U.K. (Edison, N.J., Reynosa MX, and Milton Keynes UK).
Develop strategy to grow profitable sales through the Hospitality Channel nationwide. Responsible for national chains, small boutique hotels, and the product lines that will be sold.
Directly responsible for developing relationships with senior level management and purchasing agents
Responsible for influencing designers, decorators, and architectural firms; thus influencing project specifications.
Responsible for tracking projects through the complicated spec/bid/award process - calling on the relevant decision makers, strategizing with subcontractors, and acting as Project Manager on customized or “Engineered to Order” projects.
70% Sales growth.
* Accurately size and segment total hospitality market & develop appropriate sales and marketing strategy in line with overall Commercial business unit objectives
* Identify buying and product trends to assist in product road map development (e.g., fabric & design trends, adjacency opportunities, etc.)
* Utilize full breadth of the Springs Commercial Business Unit brand & product offering to solve the needs of the end-user
* Identify relevant A&D firms, developing strategy to penetrate accounts at key specifier and influencer levels
* Coordinate activities with Regional Sales Directors to maximize coverage, engage dealer support and local touches on A/D and GC players
* Ensure incorporation of major projects into CRM tracking from specification through document, bid/award, and installation.
* Support Project Manager for key major projects, coordinating with Technical Support, Customer Service, Credit, and subcontractor
* Support development and roll out of marketing & collateral materials that are hospitality-specific
* Work with VP of Sales on project specific opportunities requiring special pricing and/or resources.
* Develop and document best in class dealer capabilities that will successfully drive pursuit to cash processes
* Work with existing and identify new hospitality-oriented dealer partners
* Understand and develop competitive bench marking & assessments
20% Customer Service.
* Identify major projects requiring special sampling, tracking, or other coordination efforts
* Work with manufacturing and supply chain teams to identify and coordinate large project / project notification
* Work with Customer Service and/or Technical Support to ensure a Best Experience for the various channel partners
10% Reporting & Forecasting
* Align with VP of Sales and field sales teams to generate accurate revenue forecasting
* Ensure basic administrative functions are complete and on-time (e.g., CRM usage, expense reporting, etc.)
Scope of Responsibilities
* Responsible for hospitality initiatives across the entire US
* Authority to identify and approve new distribution and account credits, aligned with internal delegation of authority processes
* Responsible for approved multi state traveling and T&E budget tracking
Education and Experience:
* Minimum 5-7 years professional sales experience within hospitality channel
* Minimum 5-7 years experience in a commercial specification environment (working with facility managers, specifiers, architects, and/or developers)
* BA/BS or equivalent professional sales training and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience/similar position within the Hospitality channel
* Senior level sales skills developed through professional training and experience
* Ability to penetrate accounts and develop relationships at senior / key influencer levels
* Ability to strategize and develop project/account/territory plans to drive sales in conjunction with the regional sales teams
* Project management experience
* Negotiation skills
* Commercial specification/sales experience
* Ability to read/understand blue prints
* Experience calling on architectural firms- new product introductions/specification, library maintenance
* Motivated to achieve sales goals
* Team player
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, CRM