MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the design challenges of sustainability and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Production Team Lead at our Manufacturing Facility in Edison, NJ. This role is on our second shift with a standard work schedule of M-F 230pm-11pm. Overtime is often required which extends to shift to 1am. Saturday Overtime is also often required.
Job Summary: To Lead assigned area to accomplish daily goals set by the Supervisor, on a daily basis. The Team Lead drives daily improvements and team member engagement to achieve production goals for Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. Offering support to the associates within the area to promote efficiency and uphold company policies and procedures. Use lean production and problem-solving skills. The Team Lead is an important part of making our plant the best experience for our customers and associates.
- Keep our team members safe. Proactively prevent injuries. Use problem solving tools and collaborate with team members to eliminate safety issues. Follow and enforce all safety procedures according to the standards.
- Follow and improve our production systems and standard work to create high quality blinds and shades.
- Train/Cross Train associates in their job function
- Serve as the primary coordinator of training for new associates assigned to the area
- Monitor performance, attendance, productivity, adherence to policies and provide feedback to associates both positive and constructive. Document issues as required and elevate to supervisor or HR as needed
- Track and prioritize work orders to meet daily production and shipping requirements.
- Supervise direct reports by setting goals/objectives of the department, coaching and mentoring
- Strong Customer Service Skills; ability to respond in a timely manner to emails
- Communicate on a timely basis with Supervisor, team members and others that need to know or be involved
- Enforces positive work environment
- Assist in development of culture by supporting PPC/HR initiatives
- Encourages all 6S activities including good housekeeping, cleanliness and proper tool and equipment storage
- Participate in projects, Kaizens, and other continuous improvement activities. Proficiently use problem solving tools and methodologies such as 5 Why, PDCA, and focus boards.
- Identify process constraints and use our continuous improvement systems to improve line flow and balance.
- Maintain Tier I/Front Line Management visual management tools (PVA, run charts, focus boards, and other tools) to drive continuous improvement.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned