Mechosystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the design challenges of sustainability and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes).
* Responsible for the coordination of all aspects of projects contract management, production scheduling and technical details between our dealer network, and the factory, from initial project design through final release with field/phone support at final installation.
* Coordinate all aspect of “Special Orders”, contract management, and technical details between our dealer network and the factories.
* Provide technical support for MechoShade staff, dealer network, architects, general contractors and third parties.
* Manage the integration of automated solar shading, project for daylighting and energy conservation, project specific.
* Manage the manufacturing schedule plus shop drawing response and completeness.
* Maintain the master file and manage all phases of on time multiple releases.
* Define Bills of Materials, process material requisitions and follow through on purchase of special materials and shop fabrication orders to meet project schedules.
* Requisition of special fabrics and materials in order to assure on-time fabrication and assembly of the product and shipping schedules.
* Review field dimensions to minimize waste materials and increase throughput.
* Look for Cost Reduction opportunities (extrusions, fabric, hardware, etc.).
* Review control intent and design for ElectroShade orders.
* Liaison with MSS mechanical & electrical engineering, CAD, production, order entry and accounts receivable departments to ensure accurate, timely and budgeted project completion and billing.
* Other duties as assigned by Manager or Project Director.
Education and Experience
Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
Architectural or Construction
Job requires 1 to 3 years of previous related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Experience coordinating order issuance and order tracking
* Excellent communication, organizational, and Word/Excel skills
* Proactive and willing to initiate action,
* Solution oriented
* Must have the ability to work on their own and bring their own skills to bear to improve the processes and procedures already in place
* Familiar with the construction process is a plus.
* Familiar with architectural drawings and details is a plus
* Strong verbal and writing skills is a plus
* MS Word, Excel required
* MS Project, Intuit Quickbase preferred