MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions, and consultancy for the design challenges of unique building design, daylighting, controlled WindowManagement®, and sustainability to the Architectural, Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems is in LIC NY, employs over 500 people worldwide, with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Mexico and the U.K. (Edison, N.J., Reynosa MX, and Milton Keynes UK).
Looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual ready to make an immediate impact in a new and expanding Electrical Engineering Department. Must be capable of wearing multiple hats while catering to a fast paced and dynamic work environment. This individual must be team-oriented while being capable of working independently on a project basis. Must have good technical skills as well as excellent communications and customer interface skills.
Duties will include reporting to the Director of Engineering on projects that involve product research and development, product test, manufacturing support, phone and field-based customer/installation support. Travel is not significant, but timely based on domestic US field support requirements. Will have to be capable of managing outside vendors for example to accomplish prototype development and/or assembly.
Education and Experience
* BSEE Minimum
* 7-10 yrs minimum industry experience in the hardware and firmware design and support of microcontroller-based electronics with individual product production volumes > 100pcs annually.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Capable of designing and troubleshooting digital electronics and communication electronics down to the chip level.
* Capable of designing and troubleshooting analog electronics for line voltage power supply circuits (linear and switching), low voltage power supply circuits, low voltage analog electronics for data acquisition and sensor instrumentation, and embedded communications circuitry.
* Logical approach to performing competitive product assessments.
* Providing mentorship to junior staff.
* Familiar with SMT and Thru Hole electronics manufacturing
* Familiar with PCs, Microsoft Office, etc.
* Familiar with Oscilloscopes, DVM Meters, Function Generators, etc.
* Handy with a soldering iron in addition to other hand and small power tools necessary for designing, prototyping and testing electronic products
* Familiar with schematic capture design packages and simulation tools
* Familiar with developing product that communicates over RS232/485 and/or Ethernet networks.
* Familiar with PCB layout design. Ideal to have had previous experience designing PC Boards while guiding other resources in this person’s current role to accomplish the task.
* Experience with agency testing such as UL, CSA, ETL, FCC, CE, etc
* Familiar with simulators, emulators, programmers, and other software design tools
* Familiar with assembly and/or C programming for Microchip or Freescale-based microprocessors.
* Familiarity with Orcad Schematic Capture and PCB design tools. Familiarity with AutoCad a plus
* Familiar with wireless RF communications design employing WIFI, BlueTooth, EnOcean, Zwave, ZigBee or 6LowPAN.
* Experience with building management/home automation control systems including communications via RS232, RS485, Ethernet, LonWorks, Bacnet, wireless, etc which control or even integrate HVAC, lighting, security and other aspects of the building environment.
* Experience with motor control electronics.
* Ability to supervise technician resources
* Experience in developing apps for use with Android and/or iOS platforms