MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the design challenges of sustainability and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes).
* Responsible for processing proposals; recording retention; addressing customer concerns and questions; and working to meet or beat formalized goals and objectives.
* Processing and delivering professionally written proposals and documentation packages on time.
* Ensuring proposals meet or exceed the customers needs, requirements and expectations.
* Working with others to establish a winning proposal strategy for high level or high value projects.
* Upholding impeccable record keeping practices in both hard copy and soft copy format.
* Keeping the proposal estimating system up to date in a timely manner.
* Working with the sales department to improve the hit rate.
* Identifying opportunities to improve profitability, systems and processes.
Education and Experience
* 2 to 4 years experience of related proposal generation experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Associates degree or equivalent experience.
* Previous experience with electronically controlled high end window roller shading systems is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Familiarity with manufacturing environment is a plus
* Excellent organizational skills
* Computer (Word/Excel) skills
* Excellent communication skills (verbal/writing)