MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the Energy Conservation and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes, U.K.).
The Estimator III is responsible for processing proposals, recording retention, addressing customer concerns and questions, and working to meet or beat formalized goals and objectives.
* Processing and delivering professionally written proposals and documentation packages.
* Working with senior Estimators to establish a winning proposal strategy for high level or high value projects.
* Identifying opportunities to improve profitability and processes.
Education and Experience
* 5 years of related experience in a high volume, math intensive position.
* Associates Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Accounting, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work effectively; deadline oriented.
* Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office products with a focus on Excel.
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to communicate and interact with external and internal customers.
* Understand the importance of quality, accuracy, aesthetics and delivery schedule.
* Advanced Excel experience required.
* Strong Math skills required.
* Must be energetic and deadline oriented.
* Familiar with RFQ (Request for Quote) and RFP (Request for Proposal) processes and construction specifications a plus.
* Familiar with mechanical and/or electrical architectural products a plus.
* Sales support experience a plus.