Responsible for creating, supporting, and developing new and existing process designs related to manufacturing and fabrication processes. This is successfully accomplished by understanding, accurately specifying, and adhering to customer requirements, utilizing and applying quality tools and methods and pursuing continuous improvement in all aspects of product and process design. These efforts will have a direct impact on reducing labor and material costs, while improving value, reliability, and performance. The associate will plan and manage process and product related design and validation activities.
- Methods Improvement - Conduct work measurement studies to determine machine utilization, downtime, runtime, etc. using Industrial Engineering techniques such as stopwatch studies, work sampling, ratio-delay, predetermined times, and video tape-recording, in conducting studies for work measurement.
- Production Layout - Develop layouts utilizing the lean manufacturing principles.
- Product and Process Specifications - Develop and maintain process specifications to produce the highest level of quality throughout the entire component manufacturing / fabrication / assembly process.
- Problem Solving and Quality Improvement - Maintain an effective audit program for feedback to production managers, engineering, and quality assurance. Communicate how well process specifications are being followed, the capability of controlling process variables, and the maintenance condition of the equipment.
- New Product Introduction - Work with product development engineers to determine the optimum process routing and conditions for new products.
- Administration and Other - Document in writing all projects, studies, and work assignments and outcomes to provide accurate and complete information for future reference.