Lean expert to lead the plant in a multi-year journey to Lean excellence along with the quality department. You will partner with the Plant Management team in identifying Lean improvement opportunities and lead, manage and execute projects from conception through to completion. This is a highly visible role, driving significant cost reductions and plant optimization activities.
- Co-lead the Location Lean Steering Committee with the Plant Manager in identifying activities, values, select Kaizen events and ensure proper resourcing and preparation for those events.
- Link Lean activities to the business objectives and developing a site transformation plan in collaboration with the site management team.
- Develop and maintain detailed process maps, metrics, and quality control plans for the key manufacturing processes.
- Perform pre-event Kaizen training, prepare the plant for events, develop and implement a communication plan, conduct post event follow-up and auditing of results, assure prompt delivery of required supplies and materials, and mentor team members.
- Build and maintain the foundation for continuous improvement & quality control by ensuring the effective functioning of transformation activities aligned to the Springs Operating System.
- Teach Lean tools to all levels of the organization (Kaizen, 5S, TPM, Set-up reduction, Standard Work, Visual Management, SQDC boards, MDI, etc.). Assume the role of consultant, participant, and/or lead on Kaizen events.
- Foster a culture of moving forward in a change environment and continuously assuring buy-in and ownership at all levels. Acting as the plant’s internal 6S calibration expert.
- Maintaining overall program tracking for impact and cultural improvements. Visit other locations for benchmarking and training.