To maximize our service performance while minimizing our inventory investment on select product groups and/or product lines. This will be achieved by a combination of detailed planning in association with high level or strategic planning.
- Ensure materials are available to support customer requirements while minimizing the freight costs.
- Monitor material shortages, identify and implement corrective actions
- Keep material availability dates updated and accurate
- Monitor capacity requirements both short and long term
- Work with Forecasting, Sales & Marketing to develop accurate forecasts
- Continuously look for service opportunities
- Overall product line responsibility for service levels
- Manage the backlog by facility to ensure our service objectives are achieved
- Work with Purchasing on reducing lead times, minimums and price break quantities.
- Provide forecasts to major suppliers.
- Follow-up on rejects to ensure they are expeditiously dispositioned
- Continuously look for inventory opportunities
- Monitor “aged” inventories to identify opportunities to reduce and prevent
- Overall product line responsibility for inventory levels
- Get all obsolete inventory dispositioned and ultimately consumed, sold or scrapped
- Create work orders and purchase orders in accordance with our service and inventory objectives
- Review all ECR’s/ECN’s and take appropriate action
- Monitor and ensure all lead times are accurate.
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of plan bills.
- Work with Product Management to most efficiently and effectively introduce and exit programs
People, Process, Culture (10%)
- Review procedures and practices to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide a “Best Experience” to all contacts by consistently following our “Guiding Principles”.
- Special projects as assigned.